Think you can’t Win in the Kitchen because your schedule is too hectic? Think again! This wrap can be made in 5 minutes or less and if you opt for tuna or rotisserie chicken, you don’t even need to cook anything. No wonder our athletes have been loving it! And as such, we figured it was too good to keep it all to ourselves… so we decided it was time to share.
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla (about 10 in in diameter)
- Hummus, 3 tbsp
- Sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, 2 tablespoons
- Arugula, 1 “wad of greens” (see pic 😉)
- Cucumber, 1/4 cup sliced
- Red Onion, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup
- Salt & Pepper to taste, 1 Pinch
- 3 oz Chicken Breast, Tuna (1 can), Tofu or Tempeh, 1/2 cup
- Chop the onion and cucumber into thin slices. Measure out the sun-dried tomatoes and then pat dry to remove excess oil.
- Lay the tortilla out on a plate or a paper towel.
- Spread out the hummus onto the wrap, then put in your protein of choice, onion, sun dried tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and arugula on top.
- Season with salt and pepper and then roll the wrap up and cut in half.
- You can eat this now OR Wrap it in foil and/or place in a tupperware to take with you. Add the hummus just before eating, otherwise your wrap will get soggy!
- If using tuna, be sure it is packed in water and not oil.
- If you want to change things up, try using 3 tbsp of guac, or 1 tbsp of pesto instead of the hummus and sun-dried tomatoes we have suggested in the recipe.
NUTRITION (for 1 bowl):
440 Calories, 16g Fat, 46g Carbs, 11g Fiber, 28g of Protein
Copyright © 2020 FasCat Coaching – all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
Lacey provides education and guidance to athletes about how to make healthy food choices that supports their performance goals, aids in sustainable weight loss, and improves their recovery. We are currently in the process of developing custom nutrition plans and one-on-one counseling with her, so keep your eyes out for those to be released in the near future!