As the age-old adage goes, timing is everything. As we’re winding down the 2019 season and beginning to look towards 2020, it’s a critical thing to consider when planning our calendar. Choosing A vs. B races, when to start the weight lifting and base phases, and how to approach a peak and taper all come down to timing. With a little bit of preparation and planning, and a tip from Goldilocks, we can come into the 2020 season not too hot, not too cold, but just right.
In this episode, we cover:
- ½ life Definition
- Goldilocks Principle – porridge too hot, too cold, just right
- 42 day time constant in TrainingPeaks CTL TSTWKT chart
- Half Life of Weight Lifting
- Coaches anecdote – find that most athletes peak better in the first ½ of the season (first peak attempt) than the second because the half life from weight lifting, and build a true base are further than the 1st peak
- The Group Ride HERO
- Examples of TIMING – what to do and WHEN and how much of.
Be sure to listen to our previous and relevant podcasts:
Remember to use code 25podcast at checkout to save 25% off your next plan…and don’t procrastinate!