Designed by Coach Nadia
What you get:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- FREE 30 Day Premium TrainingPeaks Account
- FREE 60 Day YogaGlo Membership
- Mobile App (iOS and Droid)
- Lifetime access
- Daily Email Workout Reminders
- GPS, Heart Rate and Power Data Uploads
- Coach Support in Private FaceBook Group
- Race Specific Power and Heart Rate Workouts
- Advanced Aerobic Endurance Training
6 Weeks to the Leadville 100 Training Plan, start July 1st (!) for the August 12th, 2017 race.
You’ve got your coveted slot into the Leadville 100, now it’s time to log the miles in for this legendary high altitude mountain bike race!
This plan will prep you for the grueling alpine climbs in Leadville with gobs of Sweet Spot and Threshold plus a dab of anaerobic work during the week. The weekends are full of long rides up to 8 hours with plenty of climbing that will give you a chance to test your fueling plans as well as your saddle fit! There’s also plenty of low aerobic endurance work to help you build that mitochondrial density that will make you more efficient on race day. Read more about Leadville 100 training here.
This plan starts with a 20min Field Test so you can set your wattage and heart rate zones in the included FasCat Training Zones worksheet. Heart rate is especially important for this race so you can properly pace yourself for a race where the lowest point is over 9,000 feet above sea level!
Additionally, this plan includes all the “marginal gains” details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga (free YogaGlo Membership!!) and Foundation work – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home. You’ll perform structured interval work during the week with the option to get out on epic trail rides on the weekends!
Questions about the Six Weeks to the Leadville 100 Training Plan or using this plan? See our FAQ below or email/call: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.406.7444
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you are unsatisfied with the plan, your performance, anything, we will refund your plan at anytime. Example mid-week workout:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Rider?
- Basic plans are for athletes with 4-8 hours per week to ride, a cat 4-5 racer and or a 50+ masters racer.
- Intermediate plans are for athletes with 8-12 hours per week to ride, cat 3 racers or 40+ masters.
- Advanced plans are for athletes with 12+ hours per week to train, cat 1-2 or pro racer as well a those who are 30-40 and Master Elite.
- What if I have to ride the trainer indoors?
For rides over an hour, we recommend cutting the ride time by about 30% because you aren't coasting or stopping. Be sure to get any structured interval work completed within that time!
- Should I add 'post activity' comments in TrainingPeaks when I upload my data?
Yes! While you won't have a coach monitoring your comments and file data, adding notes to your workout is always helpful so you can go back and see what was up that day when you slayed a particular effort! It doubles as a training diary!
- Will a coach be monitoring my workouts in TrainingPeaks?
No. If you would like a coach to create, monitor, customize, adjust or talk with about your training, hire one of our coaches!
- What if I don't have a M-F, 9-5 kind of work schedule?
You can move the workouts around yourself in TrainingPeaks and/or schedule a training plan consultation to talk with a coach about customizing the purchased plan for your schedule.
- How do I apply the plan I purchased in my existing TrainingPeaks account?
We've got a step-by-step guide for applying your plan here.
- Can I use these workouts with my smart trainer (Wahoo, CycleOps, Computrainer, etc.)?
Yes! You can use software like TrainerRoad or Zwift to program & ride the prescribed efforts for each workout. Check with your trainer's manufacturer for compatible software.
- I don't have a powermeter. Can I use my heart rate monitor with this training plan?
Yes! While power is the gold standard for training, we've included a FasCat Training Zones sheet where you can enter your Threshold Heart Rate to calculate your heart rate training zones. This allows you to ride the intervals at the proper efforts!
- If I miss a workout, can I adjust my training calendar in TrainingPeaks?
Sure! Simply left click the workout, then drag 'n drop it into the day you want to move it to.
- Do these plans include recovery days?
All of our training plans are periodized and include rest days and a regeneration week. Because you don't get faster in training, you get faster in recovery!
- What should I do when my plan ends?
We've designed our plans to coordinate with different times of the year and different phases of training. We'll send you a reminder when your plan is nearing the end of 6 weeks with suggestions on where to go next so you are still getting stronger and faster on the bike!