6 Weeks to an Olympic Distance Triathlon
Designed by Coach Nadia
What you get:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- FREE 30 Day Premium TrainingPeaks Account
- Mobile App (iOS and Droid)
- Lifetime access
- Daily Email Workout Reminders
- GPS, Heart Rate and Power Data Uploads
- Email Support
- Yoga Routines with Video
- Race Specific Power, Pace, and Heart Rate Workouts
- Advanced Aerobic Endurance Training
- Race Day Checklist
6 Week Olympic Distance Triathlon Training Plan
Whether you’re advancing from sprint distance races or have completed some olympic distance triathlons already, our 6 Week Olympic Distance Triathlon Training has plenty of swimming, biking and running that target this fast and fun distance so you can set a new PR! This plan also has all the small details that can make or break your race like transition work, bike/run brick workouts, a gear checklist, and tips for a successful race.
This periodized plan will have you doing some testing in the 3 sports to set threshold heart rates and paces/watts so you know you’re swimming, biking and running at the right efforts to get faster without overdoing it! The intervals in each workout build as you get close to race day with a regeneration week before your triathlon so you are feeling fresh and fast on race day!
This plan includes structured swimming workouts with drills if you can’t swim with a group! There’s even Open Water Pool Drills to get you ready for racing in open water! The bike and run workouts can be done indoors or out as your schedule allows. The run intervals are based on pace and time so you don’t need a track to run them on, you can just use the GPS on your phone and a timer if you don’t have a GPS running watch. The transitions from swim to bike and bike to run can be the toughest part of a sprint triathlon so there are workouts specifically to help you develop that unique skill!
Additionally, this plan includes all the “marginal gains” details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home.
Questions about the 6 Week Olympic Distance Triathlon Training Plan or using this plan? See our FAQ below or email/call: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.406.7444
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you are unsatisfied with the plan, your performance, anything, we will refund your plan at anytime.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Rider?
- Basic plans are for athletes with 4-8 hours per week to ride, a cat 4-5 racer and or a 50+ masters racer.
- Intermediate plans are for athletes with 8-12 hours per week to ride, cat 3 racers or 40+ masters.
- Advanced plans are for athletes with 12+ hours per week to train, cat 1-2 or pro racer as well a those who are 30-40 and Master Elite.
- What if I have to ride the trainer indoors?
For rides over an hour, we recommend cutting the ride time by about 30% because you aren't coasting or stopping. Be sure to get any structured interval work completed within that time!
- Should I add 'post activity' comments in TrainingPeaks when I upload my data?
Yes! While you won't have a coach monitoring your comments and file data, adding notes to your workout is always helpful so you can go back and see what was up that day when you slayed a particular effort! It doubles as a training diary!
- Will a coach be monitoring my workouts in TrainingPeaks?
No. If you would like a coach to create, monitor, customize, adjust or talk with about your training, hire one of our coaches!
- What if I don't have a M-F, 9-5 kind of work schedule?
You can move the workouts around yourself in TrainingPeaks and/or schedule a training plan consultation to talk with a coach about customizing the purchased plan for your schedule.
- How do I apply the plan I purchased in my existing TrainingPeaks account?
We've got a step-by-step guide for applying your plan here.
- Can I use these workouts with my smart trainer (Wahoo, CycleOps, Computrainer, etc.)?
Yes! You can use software like TrainerRoad or Zwift to program & ride the prescribed efforts for each workout. Check with your trainer's manufacturer for compatible software.
- I don't have a powermeter. Can I use my heart rate monitor with this training plan?
Yes! While power is the gold standard for training, we've included a FasCat Training Zones sheet where you can enter your Threshold Heart Rate to calculate your heart rate training zones. This allows you to ride the intervals at the proper efforts!
- If I miss a workout, can I adjust my training calendar in TrainingPeaks?
Sure! Simply left click the workout, then drag 'n drop it into the day you want to move it to.
- Do these plans include recovery days?
All of our training plans are periodized and include rest days and a regeneration week. Because you don't get faster in training, you get faster in recovery!
- What should I do when my plan ends?
We've designed our plans to coordinate with different times of the year and different phases of training. We'll send you a reminder when your plan is nearing the end of 6 weeks with suggestions on where to go next so you are still getting stronger and faster on the bike!