Stages Cycling Olympic and Masters Nationals Champs, Ben Sharp and Pat Warner
BigCat speaks with Pat Warner and Ben Sharp, the dynamic Coach-Athlete duo from Stages Cycling. Ben is an Olympic Gold Medalist Coach who also happens to coach Pat Warner. Pat is the head honcho at Stages Cycling who recently won the Masters National 50+ Road Race and Time Trial. In part 1 of the episode they discuss topics including their background in cycling, what their coach-athlete relationship is like and how Pat's training differs from Olympic athletes such as Jennifer Valente (won gold in Tokyo). They also talk in-depth about Master's training.
Copyright © 2021 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
If you are also a masters cyclist and are looking to have a great season in 2022, be sure to check out our new 30 Week Off Season Training Plan. We have two training levels optimized for 50+ masters athletes. Plus a new Professional and Advanced if you are under 35 with big goals.
What to do during your 2 week post-season break
Stages Cycling's Ben Sharp & Pat Warner: Part 2
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold