Steamboat Gravel Course, Training, and Equipment
Coach Frank shares his Steamboat Gravel riding, racing, and training experience. From pacing and training to equipment and course conditions, this training tip and podcast breaks down everything you need to know about key preparation for this event. We cover:
- The 3 "tricky" sections of the course and important notes about road conditions and climbs/descents
- What equipment to run: shoes/pedals, tires, and hydration and food systems
- Training: what specific training protocols to be done in this final block before August 18th
- Why Foundation Training will be a key factor: https://ftstreaming.com/programs/12-minute-workout
Mid-Week Interval Workout: SBTG Ramps, 2 x 10 minutes:
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike.
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work