World Cups, World Champ Tattoos & Fighting Cancer: The Sunny Gilbert Interview
How many people do you know who check one of these three boxes:
- has raced UCI World Cup cyclocross this year
- has the tattoo from winning the Singlespeed Cyclocross World Championships
- uses their PhD to help people with cancer
Not many, right? Well, FasCat athlete Sunny Gilbert checks all three boxes, and on this episode she chats with her longtime Coach Isaiah Newkirk and host Ben Delaney about how she balances everything.
As endurance athletes, only the professionals get to focus exclusively on training and racing — and even they stumble on life's twists and turns.
Here, Sunny and Isaiah talk about keeping things in perspective, listening to the body and consulting the numbers, and keeping it fun!
Want to get on board with a Pro Coach like Isaiah? Check out our roster here to find your best fit. You can also use the code "25podcast" to get 25% off your first training plan, for which we have more than 1,000 five-star reviews.
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike.
Isaiah has been talking the talk and walking the walk [FasCat Core Value #7] for over 15 years. To talk about your zones and training fill out a New Athlete Questionnaire to schedule a Coaching Consultation with Isaiah.
Weight Lifting for Endurance Athletes - Road, Gravel, Tri & MTB
Plan your Annual Training
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold