Cyclocross Summer Sweet Spot
Designed by Coach Frank
What you get:
- Sweet Spot Burst Workouts
- Sweet Spot Skills Drills
- CX Specific Run Workouts
- Plyometrics for CX w/Video
- Acceleratory POWER for CX Workouts
- Yoga for Recovery w/ Video
- Long Weekend Sweet Spot Rides
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- FREE 30 Day Premium TrainingPeaks Account
- Mobile App (iOS and Droid)
- Daily Email Workout Reminders
- GPS, Heart Rate and Power Data Uploads
This sweet spot cyclocross training plan is perfect for the cyclocross athlete that is planning ahead this summer and recognizes the importance of putting in a good ‘base’ before moving onto the harder stuff, aka cyclocross intervals. It’s also just right for the athlete who has been riding ‘some’ or has completely another preparatory sweet spot training plan.
Every week you’ll progress thru structured sweet spot intervals and practice your cyclocross skills while sweet spotting. There are run workouts too, and we aren’t talking about ‘jogging’ – these are run workouts specific to cyclocross! Hint hint: you’ll be shouldering or suitcase carrying the bike for a ‘2 fer’ workout, running and a skill. And since its pre-season you’ll work on your explosive power with standing starts and plyometrics >> All in the name of accelerating quickly off the start line, after a bike remount, out of corners and slow techy course sections.
Additionally, this sweet spot training plan includes all the “marginal gains” you need to do for great cyclocross training: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band a FOAM Roller and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home.
You’ll perform structured Sweet Spot and Cyclocross Skills work (also @ Sweet Spot) and have the option to join group rides on the weekends (where we coach you how to sweet spot on the group ride). There’s also recommendations for riding longer/shorter for flexibility so you can stay on track when life throws a curve ball.
Questions about the Six Weeks to the Sweet Spot or using this training plan? See our FAQ below or email/call: email@example.com or 720.406.7444
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you are unsatisfied with the plan, your performance, anything, we will refund your plan at anytime. Example Workout:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Rider?
- Basic plans are for athletes with 4-8 hours per week to ride, a cat 4-5 racer and or a 50+ masters racer.
- Intermediate plans are for athletes with 8-12 hours per week to ride, cat 3 racers or 40+ masters.
- Advanced plans are for athletes with 12+ hours per week to train, cat 1-2 or pro racer as well a those who are 30-40 and Master Elite.
- What if I have to ride the trainer indoors?
For rides over an hour, we recommend cutting the ride time by about 30% because you aren't coasting or stopping. Be sure to get any structured interval work completed within that time!
- Should I add 'post activity' comments in TrainingPeaks when I upload my data?
Yes! While you won't have a coach monitoring your comments and file data, adding notes to your workout is always helpful so you can go back and see what was up that day when you slayed a particular effort! It doubles as a training diary!
- Will a coach be monitoring my workouts in TrainingPeaks?
No. If you would like a coach to create, monitor, customize, adjust or talk with about your training, hire one of our coaches!
- What if I don't have a M-F, 9-5 kind of work schedule?
You can move the workouts around yourself in TrainingPeaks and/or schedule a training plan consultation to talk with a coach about customizing the purchased plan for your schedule.
- How do I apply the plan I purchased in my existing TrainingPeaks account?
We've got a step-by-step guide for applying your plan here.
- Can I use these workouts with my smart trainer (Wahoo, CycleOps, Computrainer, etc.)?
Yes! You can use software like TrainerRoad or Zwift to program & ride the prescribed efforts for each workout. Check with your trainer's manufacturer for compatible software.
- I don't have a powermeter. Can I use my heart rate monitor with this training plan?
Yes! While power is the gold standard for training, we've included a FasCat Training Zones sheet where you can enter your Threshold Heart Rate to calculate your heart rate training zones. This allows you to ride the intervals at the proper efforts!
- If I miss a workout, can I adjust my training calendar in TrainingPeaks?
Sure! Simply left click the workout, then drag 'n drop it into the day you want to move it to.
- Do these plans include recovery days?
All of our training plans are periodized and include rest days and a regeneration week. Because you don't get faster in training, you get faster in recovery!
- What should I do when my plan ends?
We've designed our plans to coordinate with different times of the year and different phases of training. We'll send you a reminder when your plan is nearing the end of 6 weeks with suggestions on where to go next so you are still getting stronger and faster on the bike!