Sweet Spot Marathon Mountain Bike Training Plan
Designed by Coach FasCat Coaching
What you get:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- FREE 30 Day Premium TrainingPeaks Account
- Mobile App (iOS and Droid)
- FREE 60 Day YogaGlo Membership
- Private FaceBook & Email Coach Support
- Daily Email Workout Reminders
- GPS, Heart Rate and Power Data Uploads
- Race Specific Power and Heart Rate Workouts
- Advanced Aerobic Endurance Training
- Strength & Conditioning Routines with Video
Six Week Sweet Spot Marathon Mountain Bike Training Plan to get you ready for your race!
You’ll ride tons of Sweet Spot and threshold so you’ll be ready for those 10-30 minute climbs in your 50 0r 100 mile event. There are structure rides during the week with more “freestyle” workouts on the weekends to keep your mind fresh an still loving the ride! Read about the plan’s effectiveness and flexibility in Outside Magazine!
Choose between a basic, intermediate or advanced plan based on how much time you have to train each week. If your A race is more than 6 weeks away consider starting with our Sweet Spot Plan (to build your base) if you are 12-18 weeks away or the Sweet Spot Part 2 Plan if your A race is closer, 6-12 weeks away.
For recovery this plan has got you covered with all the “marginal gains” details to get even faster: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, a FREE YogaGlo account, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home. The weekends are chock full of Block Training where you’ll ride back-to-back days of Sweet Spot on climbs and trails. You’ll use the terrain instead of the timer to achieve 45 > 60 > 90 minutes of Sweet Spot training on epic rides as you prepare your legs & lungs
Questions about our Marathon Mountain Bike Training Plan? See our FAQ below or email/call: email@example.com or 720.406.7444
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you are unsatisfied with the plan, your performance, anything, we will refund your plan at anytime. Example Workout:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Rider?
- Basic plans are for athletes with 4-8 hours per week to ride, a cat 4-5 racer and or a 50+ masters racer.
- Intermediate plans are for athletes with 8-12 hours per week to ride, cat 3 racers or 40+ masters.
- Advanced plans are for athletes with 12+ hours per week to train, cat 1-2 or pro racer as well a those who are 30-40 and Master Elite.
- What if I have to ride the trainer indoors?
For rides over an hour, we recommend cutting the ride time by about 30% because you aren't coasting or stopping. Be sure to get any structured interval work completed within that time!
- Should I add 'post activity' comments in TrainingPeaks when I upload my data?
Yes! While you won't have a coach monitoring your comments and file data, adding notes to your workout is always helpful so you can go back and see what was up that day when you slayed a particular effort! It doubles as a training diary!
- Will a coach be monitoring my workouts in TrainingPeaks?
No. If you would like a coach to create, monitor, customize, adjust or talk with about your training, hire one of our coaches!
- What if I don't have a M-F, 9-5 kind of work schedule?
You can move the workouts around yourself in TrainingPeaks and/or schedule a training plan consultation to talk with a coach about customizing the purchased plan for your schedule.
- How do I apply the plan I purchased in my existing TrainingPeaks account?
We've got a step-by-step guide for applying your plan here.
- Can I use these workouts with my smart trainer (Wahoo, CycleOps, Computrainer, etc.)?
Yes! You can use software like TrainerRoad or Zwift to program & ride the prescribed efforts for each workout. Check with your trainer's manufacturer for compatible software.
- I don't have a powermeter. Can I use my heart rate monitor with this training plan?
Yes! While power is the gold standard for training, we've included a FasCat Training Zones sheet where you can enter your Threshold Heart Rate to calculate your heart rate training zones. This allows you to ride the intervals at the proper efforts!
- If I miss a workout, can I adjust my training calendar in TrainingPeaks?
Sure! Simply left click the workout, then drag 'n drop it into the day you want to move it to.
- Do these plans include recovery days?
All of our training plans are periodized and include rest days and a regeneration week. Because you don't get faster in training, you get faster in recovery!
- What should I do when my plan ends?
We've designed our plans to coordinate with different times of the year and different phases of training. We'll send you a reminder when your plan is nearing the end of 6 weeks with suggestions on where to go next so you are still getting stronger and faster on the bike!