Designed by Coach Nadia
What you get:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed*
- FREE 30 Day Premium TrainingPeaks Account
- Mobile App (iOS and Droid)
- Lifetime access
- Daily Email Workout Reminders
- GPS, Heart Rate and Power Data Uploads
- Email Support
- Yoga Routines with Video
- Race Specific Power and Heart Rate Workouts
- Advanced Aerobic Endurance Training
- Strength & Conditioning Routines with Video
Tackling the Triple Bypass this year? Our training plan will help you get your legs & lungs in shape for this legendary ride! One day not enough for you? Our plans include options for those riding the Double Triple too! Choose between a basic, intermediate or advanced training plan based on the amount of time you have to train per week, your age and you ability level.
The plan starts May 22nd! Consider following the Climbing Plan if you are beyond 8 weeks out!
This plan is periodized so your riding time and effort will increase over time to boost your strength and endurance for those long climbs. You can ride the workouts with a powermeter, heart rate monitor, or Rate of Perceived Exertion and a bike computer with cadence. You’ll start with a Field Test to set your training zones and you’ll find the FasCat Wattage and Heart Rate Zones Sheet that in this plan which includes Rate of Perceived Exertion too! There’s long rides in the hills on the weekends as well as low cadence Muscle Tension Intervals to improve your cycling strength and muscular endurance for those long climbs. During the week, you’ll ride aerobic workouts intervals like Sweet Spot to train your aerobic system and increase your chronic training load.
Additionally, this Triple Bypass training plan includes all the “marginal gains” details to get even stronger: Recovery Techniques, Rest Days, Yoga, Foundations, and best of all, Strength and Conditioning – all you need is a physical therapy style rubber band and MOTIVATION! There are instructional videos in the plan for you to follow along at home.
Questions about using this training plan for the Triple Bypass? See our FAQ below or email/call: email@example.com or 720.406.7444
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: if you are unsatisfied with the plan, your performance, anything, we will refund your plan at anytime. Example Workout:
Workout #1: Bike
Workout #2: Bike
Planned Time: 1:00:00
All out full gas Zone 6 or greater Anaerobic intervals, typical 30-120 seconds in length. See specific set directions
Workout #3: Bike
Planned Time: 1:30:00
Perform the Intervals by riding @ 80% of your race pace. You should feel like you are working but not “suffering”. This is a great workout to build a solid aerobic foundation
Workout #4: Bike
Planned Time: 1:30:00
Zone 2 Riding b/w 65-75% of Threshold Power and Heart Rate
Workout #5: Bike
Planned Time: 1:00:00
Designed to help flush the legs out after some hard rides. Keep the cadence high and roads flat. Zone 1 Power and Heart Rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I a Basic, Intermediate or Advanced Rider?
- Basic plans are for athletes with 4-8 hours per week to ride, a cat 4-5 racer and or a 50+ masters racer.
- Intermediate plans are for athletes with 8-12 hours per week to ride, cat 3 racers or 40+ masters.
- Advanced plans are for athletes with 12+ hours per week to train, cat 1-2 or pro racer as well a those who are 30-40 and Master Elite.
- What if I have to ride the trainer indoors?
For rides over an hour, we recommend cutting the ride time by about 30% because you aren't coasting or stopping. Be sure to get any structured interval work completed within that time!
- Should I add 'post activity' comments in TrainingPeaks when I upload my data?
Yes! While you won't have a coach monitoring your comments and file data, adding notes to your workout is always helpful so you can go back and see what was up that day when you slayed a particular effort! It doubles as a training diary!
- Will a coach be monitoring my workouts in TrainingPeaks?
No. If you would like a coach to create, monitor, customize, adjust or talk with about your training, hire one of our coaches!
- What if I don't have a M-F, 9-5 kind of work schedule?
You can move the workouts around yourself in TrainingPeaks and/or schedule a training plan consultation to talk with a coach about customizing the purchased plan for your schedule.
- How do I apply the plan I purchased in my existing TrainingPeaks account?
We've got a step-by-step guide for applying your plan here.
- Can I use these workouts with my smart trainer (Wahoo, CycleOps, Computrainer, etc.)?
Yes! You can use software like TrainerRoad or Zwift to program & ride the prescribed efforts for each workout. Check with your trainer's manufacturer for compatible software.
- I don't have a powermeter. Can I use my heart rate monitor with this training plan?
Yes! While power is the gold standard for training, we've included a FasCat Training Zones sheet where you can enter your Threshold Heart Rate to calculate your heart rate training zones. This allows you to ride the intervals at the proper efforts!
- If I miss a workout, can I adjust my training calendar in TrainingPeaks?
Sure! Simply left click the workout, then drag 'n drop it into the day you want to move it to.
- Do these plans include recovery days?
All of our training plans are periodized and include rest days and a regeneration week. Because you don't get faster in training, you get faster in recovery!
- What should I do when my plan ends?
We've designed our plans to coordinate with different times of the year and different phases of training. We'll send you a reminder when your plan is nearing the end of 6 weeks with suggestions on where to go next so you are still getting stronger and faster on the bike!