Motivational Tips and Tricks
This week on the podcast we are talking about ways to help you stay motivated! That's right motivational tips and tricks to beat the mid-winter blues and follow your plan. Coach Frank with sound bites from Coaches Isaiah & Jake expand on using these 18 examples to stay motivated in order to achieve your goals:
- Remember your Goals
- Set a Daily Goal to FtFP (General McRaven’s Make your Bed EveryDay)
- Make it Turn Green - same as above, daily goal
- Indoor Training - lower the barrier to completion
- If you have a 3 hour ride on your plan ride 1.5 hours one way so that you have to ride 1.5 hours to make it back home!
- Ride a different bike than the day before
- Ride in a new place or new route
- Set an FTP - plan a 20 min field test and or a Strava PR into your plan
- Travel to somewhere warm and sunny
- Ask yourself what would Alaphilippe Do (WWAD)?
- Coach Jake :: Zwift Meetups / Group Rides
- Coach Jake :: get to Daylight Savings
- Coach Isaiah : focus on progression goals
- Coach Isaiah :: focus on feeling faster / improvement sensations
- Sweet Spot TSS rides when there are no group rides
- Watch a Pro Race - like the World CX Champs in Ostend this past weekend
- Buy a Training Plan
- Hire a Coach
Don't forget Ask a FasCat # 16 is coming up and the deadline to submit your training and racing questions is 5pm mst February 4th.
Thanks to everyone for tuning in, subscribing and reviewing on Apple Podcasts, and for engaging in our forum!
Save 25% on your next training plan with code 25podcast
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for the road or mountain biker during the Fall
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work