Podcast: The Ted King Interview
Ted King raced as a professional on the road for years, working his way up through the American domestic ranks to join the world's best in Europe, where he raced alongside Peter Sagan for a couple of years with the three-time world champion when Sagan was at the top of his game.
Ted King worked with FasCat Coaching for a number of his years racing — including some time undercover! — and on this podcast FasCat Founder Frank Overton and Ted talk about their early forays into training with power, what it was like to be one of two Americans on an Italian-speaking European team, and Ted's upcoming XL'ent Adventures and plan to tackle the Tour Divide.
Copyright ©2023 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Use code 25podcast at checkout to save 25% off an Optimize subscription...and don't procrastinate because everyday in training counts!
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike. For access to all of our training plans, subscribe to our Optimize Training Platform.
Training Load for Masters Cyclists
Switching from Base to Race
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold