Chipotle Burrito Bowl: Winning in the Kitchen Recipe
So instead of driving across town, try meal prepping this burrito bowl to have ready to scarf down when you get back or simply throw it together when you get home... It takes less than 20 minutes! 🙌🏼
Chipotle Burrito Bowl (GF and Vegan Version)
Makes 1 bowl; Takes ~20 minutes to prepareBase of the Bowl:
- 3 cups or ~3 handfuls of arugula (aka rocket lettuce 🚀)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/4 a lime or lemon (about 1/2 tbsp)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper or 2-3 mini bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup protein of choice (cooked chicken, shrimp, tofu or ground turkey)
- 3/4 cup of cooked rice
- 1/4 of a large avocado (about 1/3 cup diced)
- 2-4 tbsp salsa
- tbsp pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, lime juice and salt. Mix with your hands and set aside
- Cut the onion in half and then in half again. Put the rest of the onion in a container to save for later. Chop the onion into 1/2 inch pieces (see picture).
- In a skillet, add in the 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 cup corn, diced onions and black beans. Season with a salt and the cumin. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium to high heat until the onions are tender.
- Note: if using raw meat or seafood, cook this in the pan first and then add in during step 4.
- Add in your protein and cook until heated through. Turn off the stove.
- Top the base of arugula with the cooked rice, bell peppers, bean/corn mixture, avocado, salsa and pumpkin or hemp seeds.
- Devour and be satiated!
Note: This can easily be made into a burrito, simply omit the arugula and use a large tortilla to stuff the filling into!
Prepping it in advance:
If you to eat this on the go, simply place it in a tupperware when you prepare it and save the avocado and salsa to throw on just before you are ready to eat it. It will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge!
NUTRITION (for 1 bowl):
600 Calories, 22g Fat, 67g Carbs, 12g Fiber, 34g of Protein
This bowl also provide 33% of your daily iron, 135% of your daily vitamin C, 105% of your daily vitamin K and 27% of your daily potassium! Yay beans!
Copyright © 2020 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
Lacey provides education and guidance to athletes about how to make healthy food choices that supports their performance goals, aids in sustainable weight loss, and improves their recovery. We are currently in the process of developing custom nutrition plans and one-on-one counseling with her, so keep your eyes out for those to be released in the near future!