Alternative weightlifting movements for cyclists
While the squat, leg press and leg curl are The Big Three exercises for cyclists in the off-season, we also have some other good options in the gym and at home to build cycling-specific strength.
In this podcast we discuss those options, including:
- Smith machine
- front squat
- single-legged lunges
- deadlift with trap bar
- kettlebell swings
This podcast was the eighth and final episode in an 8-part off-season how-to series.
Other Episodes in the 8-Podcast How-To Series:
- How to train at the end of your season
- How to review your season in 14 ways
- How to plan next season
- How to take a proper post-season break
- How to maximize your off-season gains
- How to cross-train in the off-season
How to lift weights to get faster on the bike
COPYRIGHT © 2023 FASCAT COACHING. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Download and join Optimize, your Year-Round Training Solution where Coaching is included, the training plans are unlimited and there's a 14-day trial to see for yourself!
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work