Garmin devices that record HRV and sleep - complete list
Heart rate variability - or HRV - is the variation of time between consecutive beats, measured in milliseconds. HRV is a great indicator of recovery, and as such, is being included as a feature on an increasing number of wearable devices.
Recording hours of sleep is also a helpful recovery metric, and is something many wearables offer.
Whoop and Oura two of the big players in HRV measurement for wearables, and we recently completed a multiweek test comparing data from the two side by side. Sleep and HRV data from Whoop and Oura integrate wirelessly into our new Optimize app, which balances your training and racing workload with your recovery.
- What does my HRV mean? And 9 ways to increase it
- What do the Optimize numbers mean? OTS, HRV, Sleep, Load and Optimization
- Whoop vs Oura: We test both
Garmin has so many wearables that it's hard to keep track. Further, sometimes people confuse heart rate (HR) measurement with HRV measurement.
So, we compiled this list of all Garmin devices that can record HRV and hours of sleep.
Garmin devices that measure HRV and sleep
- D2 Mach 1
- Descent Mk2 series
- Enduro 2
- epix (Gen 2) series
- fenix 6 series
- fenix 7 series
- Forerunner 255 series
- Forerunner 945 LTE
- Forerunner 955 series
- Instinct 2 series
- MARQ Collection
- MARQ (Gen 2) Collection
- quatix 6 series
- quatix 7 series
- tactix 7 series
- tactix delta series
What do Optimized Training Stress (OTS) values mean?
What do the Optimize numbers mean?
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot