Inside WorldTour success with Joanne Kiesanowski
Three-time Olympian Joanne Kiesanowksi is team director for Human Powered Health, which just kicked off the WorldTour road racing season with a stage win and a white jersey at the Down Tour Under in Australia.
In this episode, Joanne speaks with Ben Delaney about how the team trains for such a long and intense season that spans the globe, as well as how they monitor recovery, how their training numbers compare to racing numbers, and how Joanne herself squeezes in workouts when living out of a suitcase.
Frank Overton also joins the pod and invites you to go buy our sweet new Castelli FasCat kit:
We have short- and longsleeve jerseys, Free Aero bib shorts, and vests on offer. Order before the store closes on February 8th!
Copyright ©2023 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike. For access to all of our training plans, subscribe to our Optimize Training Platform.
DIY training camp: How to supercharge your training and have a lot of fun!
Power-to-Weight Ratio Training
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot