BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO TRAINING WITH POWER
Are you new to riding and training with a powermeter? Here is your beginner's guide to straining with power. In this episode, Coach Frank outlines 5 steps to begin training with power and using your data in TrainingPeaks.
Step 1: Upload your Data
Step 2: Look at your Power Graph
Step 3 is to set your power at threshold and begin personalizing your data to you!
Step 4: Train Using your Power-Based Zones
Step 5: Set up your charts in your dashboard
A power meter is a fantastic training tool that can take your training and racing to the next level. Listen to our beginner's guide to start training with power and learn how to use the data to improve!
Also: next week is our Ask a FasCat episode #17 : your training questions and our answers. Submit your questions by next Wednesday in our forum or email us at email@example.com or on the grams @fascatcoaching
Work Hard, Ride Fast, don’t forget to Switch from Base to Race, Have FUN and as ALWAYS FtFP
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
To talk with a FasCat Coach about training with power, please fill out a New Athlete Questionnaire to set up a complimentary coaching consultation.
HRV: The Endurance Athlete's Complete Guide
The Five Pillars of Off-Season Training
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold