What's Ahead on the Podcast in 2021 + FTP Testing
Happy 2021! Coach Frank is back in action to talk about what's coming down the pipeline for podcasts over the next few months of the new year. Winter training, nutrition challenge, and more! Frank also revisits an episode he recorded earlier in 2020 discussing the importance of measuring and tracking your FTP (functional threshold power) with a 20 minute field test, an essential metric to focus on in the beginning of a new year.
Reference: A 20 minute Power-Based Field Test
As always, thanks to everyone for tuning in, subscribing and reviewing on Apple Podcasts, and for engaging in our forum! For more things cycling training, visit http://fascatcoaching.com.
Save 25% on your next training plan with code 25podcast
Copyright © 2021 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP test, power data, power based training, or anything related to going faster on the bike!
WINNING IN THE KITCHEN RECIPE VARIATIONS
#secrettraining for January 2021: How To Have Your Best Cyclocross Season Ever
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold