#Secrettraining: One Stretch to Rule Them All
If you start a simple daily stretching routine and stick with it you will feel better. I am 100% confident in this. A stretching routine does not have to be long and complex. In fact, if you only had 5 minutes a day to stretch this is what I would tell you to do:
- Buy a fit ball.
- At some point during your day, lay on your back on the fit ball.
- Extend your arms beyond your head and hang over the ball.
- For at least 5 min roll around slowly on the ball while stretching your shoulders, chest, core and hip flexors. Back and forth. Side to side. Hold it for a few seconds in tight areas.
This position is the complete opposite of how most of us operate on a daily basis. We are normally hunched over at the steering wheel, at the laptop or riding a bike. Do this for at least 5 minutes before bed and you will be amazed how good your body feels. If you really want to multi-task, do this while using this. Now that is some serious next level #secrettraining time management!
About Brandon Dwight: Brandon was a professional mountain bike racer from 1999 – 2001 and professional cyclocross racer from 1999-2007. He is a four-time U.S. Masters National Cyclocross Champion. For more than a decade, Brandon has provided thousands of people with cyclocross skills and training advice. He lives in Boulder, Colorado with his wife and two children.
Copyright © 2021 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work