Alex Dowsett on his Hour Record Attempt
On today’s podcast Coach Frank speaks with Alex Dowsett, a Pro World Tour Rider who is attempting to break the Track World Hour Record on November 3rd. Alex is no stranger to what it takes to achieve this feat, as he set the same world record in 2015!
In the episode, they chat about Alex's training, his special equipment, nutrition, DadWatts, as well as the foundation Little Bleeders that he started to raise awareness of hemophilia and to encourage young hemophiliacs to engage in sports.
Use 25podcast for 25% off all our training plans.
Alex's Bike Computer (use FASCAT for FREE heart rate monitor with purchase of the Karoo2)
How to Share the Watts (Refer a Friend):
share the watts! Here’s how:
- Log into your FasCat account.
- Navigate to the Cheetah Loyalty Tab in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
- Click the"refer a friend" tab and then you can either copy the code and share it with your friends directly, or you can send it to them via facebook, email or twitter.
- When your friend clicks on your link a popup with their 20% off coupon will appear
- Once your friend makes a purchase, you will be credited 2000 cheetah spots, which are redeemable for 20%. Those "spots" will appear in your "My Spots Rewards Tab." All you have to do is click the 20% off to redeem them!
Copyright © 2021 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Zwift as a Training Tool
Setting Up the Performance Manager Chart
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold