Alexey Vermeulen: Recap of Winning the 2022 Belgian Waffle Ride
We have a special podcast guest this week: The Belgian waffle ride winner, Alexey Vermeulen. Alexey went full on beast mode this past Sunday, riding away from his comrades with an incredible display of wattage and courage.
In this episode, we not only get a full recap of Alexey's experience of winning BWR, but also background on where he came from, his racing pedigree, and what his big plans are for the rest of the season and the future.
Plus, we also diving into Alexey winning Junior National Road Race in 2011, getting called up to the big leagues with Lotto Jumbo and his new Jukebox cycling team with our good friend and FasCat Athlete, Phil Gaimon.
Lastly, we have two huge announcements to share in this episode...
1. Our Mother's Day sale is LIVE. Use MD50 for 50% off any and all of our five star rated training plans.
Head over to www.fascatcoaching.com to redeem.
2. FasCat is hiring full stack software engineers! If you want to work on new sports science to make training fun, simple, most importantly effective, hit up Coach Frank! But don't delay. We're moving fast and we're paying competitive salaries.
Belgian Waffle Ride Power Highlights:
6 hours 34 minutes @ 280 watts normalized
FTP = 360 watts (5.5 watts/ kg)
Intensity Factor = .76
11,500 feet of climbing
Peak 5 minute = 402 watts, up the first climb!
Last Climb = 20 minutes @ 315 watts normalized (4.7 watts/ kg)
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, nutrition, following the plan, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
To talk with a FasCat Coach about your training, please fill out a New Athlete Questionnaire to set up a complimentary coaching consultation.
Sweet Spot Training Plan Design the FasCat Way
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold