Sweet Spot Training Plan Design the FasCat Way
Coach Frank describes how the FasCat training plans prescribe sweet spot training - its not as much as you think! Watch to see how many sweet spot days there are along with zone 2 and the number of rest days. 👇
This six-week training plan will take you thru a 3-week Vo2 Max interval training 6 progression on Wednesdays. On Saturdays, you’ll enjoy long sweet spot rides with TSS prescribed and instructions on applying these long rides to your individual preferences. Want to go for a Strava KOM or Segment Challenge – go for it. On Sundays will slow the training down as part of our fatigue dependent training plan 5 design model with Zone 2 training. By riding easier, you’ll recover well for your hard interval workouts downstream.
After the 3-week VO2 progression, the plan has you do a rest week followed by a 20 minutes field test 5 to measure how much you have improved!
This plan is perfect for the cyclists who have plenty of time to ride long on the weekends but limited training time during the workweek and want to work on their high-end mid-weekend and build their aerobic engine by riding sweet spot watts long on the weekend.
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
Join our *FREE* Athlete Forum to nerd out with FasCat coaches and athletes about your FTP, nutrition, following the plan, race data, power based training, or anything related to going fast on the bike!
To talk with a FasCat Coach about your training, please fill out a New Athlete Questionnaire to set up a complimentary coaching consultation.
How to Measure FTP Improvement with Normalized Power
Alexey Vermeulen: Recap of Winning the 2022 Belgian Waffle Ride
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold