Data Analysis for Human Powered Health Women’s Team
Earlier this year, Frank (BigCat) and Coach Isaiah started working for the Women’s World Tour Team, Human Powered Health as their data scientists. We analyze the entire teams’ power, heart rate, sleep and HRV data - everything in their training and racing - to help the team perform their best!
Listen to our podcast with Coach Isaiah talking about how we support Human Powered Health as their data scientists to get a glimpse of how World Tour teams elevate data review to the next level to inform everything from rosters to rider management. 👇
In this episode, we talk about our work with the women’s team, what we look at in the data and how we report that back to the team. Specifically, we share:
- The types of data we analyze
- The survey we have the riders fill out to put the data into context
- The reports we provide to the team
- How the team uses those reports
So, how does data analysis for a world team work? How exactly is FasCat helping to inform key decisions for Human Powered Health's management team?
While we can't give away all our secrets, listen now to learn:
- What data do we look at?
- Everything….but what is most important?
- Variables - HRV, sleep, Travel, Injuries, heat, altitude, stress
- Historical data (profiles)
- Peak performance metrics
- Activity and progress trends
- Testing data
- How do Rider Surveys put data into context?
- Key areas of input
- Sensation-informed data
- Stress - external factors
- The Report: layers of "The Onion" - our proprietary analysis template
- Race takeaways and key moments
- Training - peaks, targeted work, correlation to time of year
- Readiness state
- How the Team uses the Report
- Riders' wellbeing
- The future
Copyright © 2022 FasCat Coaching - all rights reserved.
To talk with Coach Isaiah about your training data, please fill out a New Athlete Questionnaire to set up a FREE Coaching Consultation.
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work