Dirk Friel, Co-Founder of TrainingPeaks
This week, Coach Frank sits down with Dirk Friel, the co-founder and Chief Evangelist of TrainingPeaks...the essential software for athletes. It's what we use to coach our athletes, and what is used by countless other coaches, athletes, and pros to quantify and track their training.
Frank and Dirk talk about the origins of TrainingPeaks, Dirk's background in racing and coaching, the future of the software, Skimo racing, and more. It's a great conversation with a legend in the world of endurance sports and training!
As always, please subscribe to the show on your favorite podcast app, and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts if you're enjoying the pod ;)
And for more training tips, podcasts, and videos, check out all things FasCat at http://fascatcoaching.com
Ask FasCat #6!
Cyclocross Run Workouts
Foundation : 3 Weeks
- Perfect for all cyclists beginning off season training
- Raise your CTL and the all-important muscle tension intervals
Phil Gaimon's FONDO
- Complete similar workouts to what Phil does to prepare for all his KOM's
- Sweet Spot training, threshold intervals, and some anaerobic work
Phil Gaimon's Strava PR Plan
- Perfect Plan for Those with Less Training Time, starts at 15 minutes per day
- VO2's, 1 minuters, Tabatas, threshold, suprathreshold, and even Sweet Spot
Road Race In-Season
- Weekend racing and group rides with weekday training and recovery
- anaerobic efforts like criss cross, Over/Unders Sweet Spot, Threshold
Road Racing Intervals
- Increase your functional and race-specific power output
- Includes Sweet Spot, VO2, Anaerobic, Threshold